Tuesday, February 03, 2009

High Water In Salerno

The other interesting event I noticed in Salerno last Friday. High water in the sea. I don't know if it is normal. I have never seen it so high.

As always I came in the city too early to go in our museum, so I visited all the places I like, before. Those are one or 2 bars and the seafront. Second bar, in the photo, where the owner is a great friend of all members of the museum. I go there if after the walk I have time else. Unfortunatelly I noticed that the barmen is afraid to speak with me: when other persons entered the bar he wanted to show that he does not know me and did not speak with me. Well, I understand him. It's not normal for Italians in Campania to speak friendly with a strange woman. Specially with a foreign woman. Sometimes I forget about it and my behaviour is too friendly for local tastes... Probably I have to forget about this bar. Because I went there to have a talk with a person I know.

This time when I came on the seafront I noticed suddenly very high waves. They covered the stones posted to protect the seafront. Normally they are open. So, I tryed to make a photo of the wave with my cell.

Than I sunk my eyes and saw that a sort of snack bar where I was, was washed with waves and the water was near it's terrace.

Finally I went to look down where the water has not obstacles and... Imagin that here the water normally is about 2 meters lower! Incredible!
My husband watched TV-news where somebody filmed the high waves that carried off a man from the seafront!

What a terrible weather is this winter!

12 comments:

  1. Классные волны! Хорошо, что меня там нет. А есть там у вас бары, где бармены женщины? Может быть, ходи туда.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Это же не от того, что женщины или мужчины, а что менталитет такой. Мужики на наших баб вешаются, поэтому разговаривать с их женским полом ещё хуже. Даже если это твои "добрые" знакомые. Темы всегда, что ваши женщины -сучки, а ваши вообще воры и преступники. В соседнем супермаркете, где меня все знают вроде, одно время вообще невозможно было, как в аэропорту проверяли. Одну нашу тётку на моих глазах поймали, так что я претензии предъявлять не могу. А то пару лет так только и разговоров было, что украинцы ограбили, избили, украли... Я говорю, зато итальянцы все такие ну прямо ангелы... Ну сама знаешь.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Надо оттудова ноги уносить!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Да надо, кто ж спорит. Я мечтаю вот как муж отвалит, повыше перебраться, в Тоскану, к примеру, хотя мне одна барышня американская там на то же самое отношение жаловалась. А я дак после нашего от них аж пищала, до того мне всё человечным и цивильным показалось.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The barman sounds like very unfriendly to foreigners. That's terrible but then it happens everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting is that they earn money from foreigners and they hate them. Strainge...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had terrible floods last year! Hopefully we wont this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some people are more cautious or prefer to choose who they talk or befriend. Not everyone like us, friendly and trusting.just don't mind them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. :-) Maybe all the water came in Italy this year. And it will be great floods in spring surely in North of Italy. My friend tells my there is enormous quantities of snow in Alps. Imagine what it will happen with the rivers a month later!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fatiah!!!!!!! Finally!!!!! I think about you everyday!!!!! Were you too busy with your family?

    ReplyDelete
  11. дак вот вы о менталитетах там разных, нет что бы о вине поговорить, или ещё о чём-то приятном

    ReplyDelete
  12. Да мы тут обо всём понемножку. Вот сегодня буду писать про кладбища...

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog