Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Inspired persons

I write sometimes about strange things that can inspire creative persons. Like pictures made from eggs in one of my posts,

whorigami in other


, sculptures made from human bones


Today I was astonished by other two forms of strange inspiration and enormous patience, will-power of these artists. Specially this sort of "sand mandala", a "rice mandala" I would call it (because has to be distructed). These persons create pictures with rice of different colours.


And this video is about an other "mad" artist. So much work...

4 comments:

  1. Hey that was a great video. I love watching artists like that.

    We have some that make incredible sand sculptures on the beach and they smash them up as the sun goes down!

    such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, they are great persons! Only to think to make all this without a "map", other preparative work, so, from the head... and receive a picture with all proportions... And then do it all the day only to see your work to go away with the waves... Real artists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indians use rice in the same manner during Deepavali I think. They colour the rice and make beautiful designs on their doorsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes, I remember, I've seen the documentary where they did it. A very hard work too...

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog